Howdy Folks!

My name is Chad Voghell, I am the Technical Director at Castleton State College in VT. I am in charge of maintenance for the Casella Theater (485 seat proscenium), the Television Studio, and sound/lighting/staging for other events on campus.

I am also a member of IATSE Local 919 (stagehand local) in Burlington, VT. I am a Journeyman and also am the Chairperson of the Education Committee. My main interests are in Lighting and Sound.

More recently I have been on the efficiency/sustainability band wagon and have been researching ways to save electricity in our Casella Theater. I am currently researching solutions for replacing our house lights.

Glad to be a part of ControlBooth.com!

Regards
Chad

Welcome to the Booth, chadillac802. We need more of an IATSE presence on ControlBooth, for the good, bad, and ugly.:)
...More recently I have been on the efficiency/sustainability band wagon and have been researching ways to save electricity in our Casella Theater. I am currently researching solutions for replacing our house lights.
The New Member Board is really not the place to discuss technical issues, but since you brought it up, using the Search feature will find many interesting discussions, ranging from dimmable CFLs to, most recently, LEDs. Personally, I am vehemently against the notion that all incandescent sources are inherently wasteful that should be banned. Much more energy could be saved simply by turning off lights when a space is unoccupied. Furthermore, energy can be conserved and lamp life extended simply by running the lamps at a lower dimmer setting. Usually the only reason most houselights are at full is due to inexperienced users and cleaning crews. Most modern dimmers allow for a maximum setting less than incoming line voltage. Start a new thread in the Lighting forum and we can discuss the issue further.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back