Howdy!

well do you want an SLR (single lense reflex) they have many more capabilities and give you complete control over the shot but are bulky and annoying to use if you just want to take a quick picture. i use mine for when my main goal is photography, i am my youthgroup's yearbook chair, so i take the pics that will go in the yearbook at the end of the year, so for that or nature photography or anything artistic i use an slr, when i am out with my friends or camping or something i use a digital point and shoot camera. this is your best bet for camping trips, go to a camping or boating supply store and buy a good waterproof case that your camera will fit in and buy a digital point & shoot. probably 3 megapixels would be sufficient to get a decent pic. and size should be a priority, mine easily fits in my pocket and that makes it so much easier to carry around, girls can cary a large camera in their purse, but if a guy wants to have something on hand and not have to carry it around, it has to fit in your pocket!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back