The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

Howdy

Discussion in 'New Member Board' started by TechiesDoItInTheDark, Feb 12, 2007.

1. TechiesDoItInTheDark

TechiesDoItInTheDark Member

:grin: I love being a techie...This is the 4th year that I have been doing this kind of work. Our L&S booth is where I spend most of my time, if I could I would live in there! If anyone out there has any quotes that you have posted in your booth or just great ideas I would love to hear them. We love to put Techie only things in our booth. I'm always ready to talk tech...as I'm new here I am in awe and wonder of how great this place is and I can't wait to be commented on.

2. soundlight

soundlight Well-Known Member

Welcome! There are a few extensive threads on techie sayings and jokes here. Just use the search feature and look around for them. I'll also be putting a link to my PDF'd version of the complete and amended techie bible once I find a good PDF'er besides openoffice (which completely screws up my formatting from MS Word).

TechiesDoItInTheDark likes this.
  3. Van

Van CBMod CB Mods Premium Member

Project Manager, Stagecraft Industries, Inc.
    I'l second Soundlight's Welcome. There is a thread on here labeled "Techie Sayings", I believe. It's at about 35 pages, I think. Here's one of my favorites from on here, all ready for the printing.
    Now, I did do some re-formatting and a little editing, Some of the wording was off a bit, and some of the syntax wasn't quite up to Biblical snuff. Oh and I changed the name It was published on here as the "Techies Creed" I hate the word techie. I'm a technician. A Theatrical Thechnician.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2008
  4. soundlight

soundlight Well-Known Member

Far short of the true techie bible. I'd post it here, but I put it in an obscure font so that people couldn't actually transfer it from my computer, and I've formatted it nicely in that font, so I may print it and then scan it back in as images and use that. That'd work.

The real techie bible & anthology of theatrical religion is rather lengthy, but is always a good read. I'll try to post it soon.

5. Chris15

Chris15 CBMod CB Mods Premium Member