HPL 575X-C?

gafftaper

Senior Team
Senior Team
Fight Leukemia
Dumb Question, we purchased several dozen spare lamps all HPL575X. The shipment came and they are mostly Osrams, but there are half a dozen GE's mixed in. I always get Osrams or Ushios at my local dealer... I've never purchased GE lamps before. The GE's are marked HPL575X-C... So are they an X or a C? :confused:

same basic lamp - all HPL lamps are non-ANSI code so what any individual brand lists in thier description code is what they do according to what they feel important. Were they ANSI code, they would need like a dozen or sixteen plus or minus a few different specific individual lamp codes for each individual type. A HPL 575w/C is not a HPL 575w/X or a HPL 575w/120v/C or HPL 575w/120v/X lamp just for starters on a lamp type code that wouldn't fit with the ANSI system thus four lamp types right there.

Best solution, go on-line to the brands, compare the specs than settle with or not but for all intensive purposes I cannot tell the differences in brands.

Thanks Ship... I'm even more confused now..

So the use of the X to designate long life and the C to designate standard life is not part of the code but the "HPL" part is governed by the code?

Does this mean that one brand could just decide for the fun of it to call their long life version an HPL 575C and their standard life the HPL 575X?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back