I am looking for a good effects rack

To add onto what Davey says, when using an aux send, make sure it's set to post-fade, that way the aux send for that channel follows your fader movements. It wouldn't do to pull a channel's fader down to -∞ and still hear that channel's source lost up in the rafters of a cathedral. The green "FX" auxes will accomplish this. The yellow auxes can be set for post-fade too if need be, but I'd use "FX" one or two. That way you have four pre-fade auxes left for things like monitors. That's when using the Venice, though the same principles of pre and post fader apply, they'll just label them aux 1 to n.

When you bring the M-one back in, make sure to keep the auxes for the reverb send down on that channel(s), otherwise you'll get some very, very interesting noises. If you have any of the open stereo inputs, you can use that and get stereo reverb on one fader. The only downside is you lose one swept EQ band. I use stereo input channels for my Efx and playback whenever possible.

Last edited:
Thank you for the help.

Here's what I did and it seems to be working. I routed the M-1 through fx channel one both send and receive. The effect that I am trying to get is only used a couple of times during the show by one character only (and we run 22+ lapel microphones). It appears to let me control the effect within singular units by turning up the fx channel controler.

Again thanks for your help guys and gals!

Tenor.

Oh, one think I don't think was mentioned. Your comment about using the "fx channel controller" made me think of this. There should be some sort of control or menu that let's you control the wet/dry mix, the amount of unprocessed signal (dry) leaving the box with the effect (wet) signal. Make sure this is set to 100% wet. If it's not, the latency from the AD/DA conversion will interfere with the pure signal coming through the vox channel strip, and you'll get a voice that doesn't quite sound right.

MX200 vs M-One
----------------

I have a Lexicon MX200 and have been reasonably happy with it. However as I am completing equipment upgrades in other areas my attention turns back to the reverb units.

Is it worth the extra $100 for an M-One over the Lexicon MX200? Other than the LCD display, are there other nifty features of the M-One that I should know about? How about sound quality and presets? Much better on the M-One?

Thanks. John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back