I-Cue Mirror Shaking

BlackoutGo

Hi guys, I have 5 Rosco I-Cue mirrors that were working fine on my past show, but now seem to be bouncing/shaking (just barely noticeable 1-3" on stage, not even noticeable looking at the fixture) up and down on my rig. Focus palettes are recalling perfectly. Any suggestions as to what would be causing this? Using an ETC Ion in its latest release, just have never seen this happen? I'm swapping out the power supply this afternoon and seeing how that solves things?

Hi guys, I have 5 Rosco I-Cue mirrors that were working fine on my past show, but now seem to be bouncing/shaking (just barely noticeable 1-3" on stage, not even noticeable looking at the fixture) up and down on my rig. Focus palettes are recalling perfectly. Any suggestions as to what would be causing this? Using an ETC Ion in its latest release, just have never seen this happen? I'm swapping out the power supply this afternoon and seeing how that solves things?
Hello! The DMX run that's driving your I-Cues;
I'm assuming this run ends at your last I-Cue. If so, have you installed a terminator at the end of the run? The terminator would be nothing more than an 1/8th Watt 120 Ohm resistor soldered across contacts 2 & 3 in a male XLR. Contacts 2 & 3 regardless whether you're running 3 contact or 5 contact DMX cables. Reflections within your DMX data cables COULD cause this problem. I'm NOT suggesting this is a CERTAIN solution but it's a possibility and, for the few pennies a resistor costs, a simple potential fix well worth trying.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard.

Hello Mr. Go; Did you get your problem resolved yet and, if so, what was the solution?
Not that it relates to your problem but are you running your mirrors in coarse or fine resolution?
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back