Automated Fixtures I Cue's....Dear God, help me with my I Cues

Hi guys,

SO here is the deal, my small college theatre recently upgraded to add some automated lighting including SeaChangers, Iris's and 2 I Cues...

So i opened my I Cues and hooked them and an Iris up directly to my board, all was wonderful. This past weekend, I hung 1 I Cue in my grid, along with the Iris and hooked it up to my board (Insight 3) in the exact same fashion that I had it before...only now the I CUE will only pan, not tilt.

So, like i said i have control over the pan, not the tilt, and the Iris is working properly, so it seems to me that the DMX signal is functioning correctly, but not sure whats up with that **** tilt.

I have now moved the ICUE right next to the tech table and hooked it up with very short runs of cables and am experiencing the same problem.

Thoughts???

Thanks all!

Standard troubleshooting tip for the future: Since you have two units, connect them both and address them the same. So that in theory at least, they should perform identically. If neither work, it's probably a control issue (DMX cabling, patch, console, etc.). If one works and one doesn't, it's a problem in the fixture. Contact Rosco.

When you power it on does it pan and tilt when it calibrates? Or does it only pan then as well. This will tell you if it's a mechanical problem or a communication problem.

It seems that it is only panning during the boot up.

Then you probably have a problem in the unit. Also, imho, I cues should be avoided like the plague. I cant tell you how many shows I have had needing serious work done during intermission as a result of some screwed up ICue problem. However, a lot of people seem to like them, so they continue getting used.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back