...I HATE OUR WIRELESS MIC'S

Does your school have handheld radios that the staff or janitors use? I've seen some of the Motorola models interfere with a wireless rig that's set at either the upper end or lower end of it's frequency range (don't remember which).

Sounds like someone should develope wireless management software. Something to consider.

TheSoundGuyWSU - Did you mean B3? If so, nice choice of mics. Have you gone through and checked for consistancy from pack to reciever? after that make sure there's some distance between the frequencies of the packs.

Hughesie89 - There is almost no other option most of the time. If you have a dynamic show to any degree, it's wholy unpractical to use wired mics. Because what's the only option? Shotguns and floor mics. Not only is this an expensive thing, it's so difficult to design right.
What many shows with the money do, is set up redundant systems. On main characters, there's always at least two microphones. If one should fail, the other is right on board. God i wish i had money. Most of the time the redundant system should be stage mics. Shotguns are great. But floor mics work too. But I'm not talking PZMs. Crown condensors (CM-30/31).

as for everyone with wireless problems-
The fact is, if you have to be putting sennheiser EWs within 50 feet of the reciever, you're treating the symptom, not the cause. These units, when set up properly, with approx. 5 recievers to one splitter and an amp should work consistenly within 200ft. even through a wall or two.

Moving the recievers around may eventually be the only solution, but it's best to asses what is causing this, so that you are aware of everything affecting your rig.

We have 6 Senn. G2 112s. I have never had a problem with these microphones. They have excellent gain, even without an antenna distribution system. You should be able to check RF and AF levels very easily with these units.

Actually, do you have G1 or G2?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back