I have a poltergeist!!

has your equipment ever come to life like this ?

• Total voters

avkid

Not a New User
Fight Leukemia
this morning i was standing on the stage with the lights off ,i turned around for literally 15 seconds and when i turned back around the lights were on at about 10% .here comes the spooky part, no one was in or around the booth and even if they were it takes longer than that to unlock two doors, climb the stairs find the booth light switch and turn on the board. that is just the first thing, i was cleaning up on stage to get ready for the first band rehearsal and i found the dimmer racks open, the unusual thing about that is no-one in the building has a key,only the av technician who's office is at another school has the key to it, he had not been in the building in the last couple of days P.S. i did my dimmer checks to see if they could not get enough air or were just messed up, the checks supported the theory of something weird happening without any human interaction!!!!!!!!

situation one has been explained to me, by my sister of all people. some janitor was screwing around in a restricted area (only with admin permission,in an emergency area they allowed in the booth! or they fcae disciplinary action. #2 on the other hand got weirder, the AV tech's son had surgery today and he did not work !!!!!!!

i often interact with a ghost at my theatre.

His name is Alexander and he supposedly was killed by falling off the catwalk - RIGHT.

He only comes out very early in the morning or really late at night and haunts sleep deprived techies.

His fav trick is moving coffee cups. One moment you'll put it down, the next its on the other side of your desk. Wait a moment...

yeah all theatres are like that, i work in the oldest hemp rope theatre in the UK so as you can imagine its very creepy, constantly during shows you can hear things moving about above your head, the orchestra pit its the same, you can hear things in the dark, spooky huh, its not a nice theatre to be working in on your own at a stupid hour.

oh and is not rats, that was my first though so we laid down traps and poisin in places and none of it has been eaten and all the traps are still primed.

I say that no theatre is complete without a ghost. Our ghost's name is Mr. Harrison. He was the manager of the Campus Theatre, which was built in 1949. Back then, It was a 1500 seat movie house which was part of the interstate movie theater chain. It closed in the 80's, and remained vacant until it was renovated into Denton Community Theatre in 1995. Mr. Harrison is still seen every once in a while, but heard almost every day.

www.campustheatre.com

not all theatres have ghosts, we dont have one, we just have really annoying actors musicians teachers and last but certainly not least the arts dept head sneaking around playing with equipment and screwing up my eq knobs.

not all theatres have ghosts, we dont have one, we just have really annoying actors musicians teachers and last but certainly not least the arts dept head sneaking around playing with equipment and screwing up my eq knobs.

i believe all thetres have ghosts, its just one of those things you come to terms with when working in theatres. I work in about 8 theatres in my area each one has a story about a ghost, they range from rats that died under a set piece and made it stabe(not making this up) to old teachers walking the theatre at night to actors stuck on stage for eternity.

it struck again, this morning i came in to find one house light(they are patched in 4s)on at what i would estimate to be around 50% brighter than it's full capacity, it has two bulbs blown also.it would not respond to the board at all , i checked dimmer airflow and every other setting, all were normal, finally when i put a light key in an old disconnected houselight system it went off 2 minutes later!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back