I just snuck a peek at my school's new mixer... VENICE?

tenor_singer

I have never heard of that brand. Does anybody have any information on it?

Thanks!

Tenor

Oh my, you are very lucky to have a Midas Venice to mix on next year! Midas is one of the premier brands in sound consoles, and is used by many professionals on many major shows. The Venice line was designed for smaller applications where the system designer still wanted the Midas sound. Enjoy!

You're getting a Midas? Damn am I jealous. I got to use one for about 5 minutes, granted it was a Heritage 3000, but, man you're lucky.

The sound guys I work with all like Midas.

I thot Heritage was a totally different brand that was like $100,000 and up, but I guess I'm confused (which is probable).

len said:
The sound guys I work with all like Midas.

I thot Heritage was a totally different brand that was like $100,000 and up, but I guess I'm confused (which is probable).

Heritage is a model line or series much like car makers have different lines or "brands" ex: GM has Pontiac,Chevrolet and GMC trucks in the US.

As for price, i'll look in to it.

tenor_singer said:
I have never heard of that brand. Does anybody have any information on it?

Thanks!

Tenor

Tenor. If it is a a Midas Venice then as the others have said, you have got a good board. If you go to the link Radman posted you can download the manual.

At the school I work at part-time we have one of these boards in the new theatre. I must admitt we haven't given it a full work out yet ie full band mike up etc. But we use it for playing CD's, DVD's, Powerpoint, Presentations etc.

There are two traps for young players.

1) The phantom power is switched individually on each channel but the thing to note is: The switches are on the back of the board just above the XLR connectors.

2) The eq on a channel has an on/off switch. This is designed so you can easily swap between eq'd and non- eq'd so you can hear the difference. It can be easy to forget to turn on the eq.

Enjoy your new board

Think of it this way, the Venice 240 is the same size mixer as a Mackie 24-4-2, but the Mack costs $1200 and the Midas costs $5000. Good stuff in there.

Definitely good stuff, but i found a bit of a shortage of aux outs and channels a bit of an annoyance, and that was the largest model.

Still a V. nice sounding mixer, but you probably would have been better off with a different brand, and get more for the same price with slightly less quality.

Hey great desk i used one during a production i did

great but the faders were very loose (it was new at the time)

but a great desk (execpt for the cd volume placement

If you're using that as your avatar, please, resize it

i have sorry i made a mistake

but that is a Midas XL4

(it is huge)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back