Leech

So i am thinking of doing some really strange things with the set. I know
shocker ;)

I need help to research:

Straight casters for a turntable and a track system
chain for the turntable
winch system
really large hinges (rated) so I can fold down a wall
door inset hardware (like the cool doors that slide out of the wall)
piano hinges
some kind of track hardware so that i can slide bookcases out of the walls
lash cleats
loose pin hinges.

i think this is all for now. i have some crazy ideas that will create a
major transformer set.

Thanks for any help you can give :)

I think almost everything on your list can be found at Home - Mutual Hardware . Otherwise, just type your item into CB's Search box.

Mcmaster-Carr is the go to place for whatever little pieces of hardware you need. I find them much easier to use the Grainger. Your getting into the area of automation. Automation is hard. Automation is expensive. If you have the cash and the skills, it can add a lot of the show. However, it can also be a money pit.

I need help to research: Straight casters for a turntable and a track system chain for the turntable winch system......piano hinges, some kind of track hardware so that i can slide bookcases out of the walls lash cleats, loose pin hinges.

Are you looking for Research or sources? What do you mean by "...track system chain for the turntable winch system... ? I have engineered and build a number of chain drive and chain encoded turntables. If you question was clear, perhaps I could offer some insight.

I have to point out that a lot of the ideas you're mentioning have the potential to be very dangerous. If you're talking about human-powered stuff, and there are people involved with good construction skills, you might be OK, although some kind of flip-down wall has a lot of potential for injury. But anything involving winches or motors should only be attempted by an industry professional with knowledge of all the best practices and standards of safety (limit switches, E-stops, etc etc).

While I don't want to discourage thinking big, you need to compare the coolness of the idea against the very real possibility of someone losing a foot or a finger or getting concussed.

Why don't you post some specific, detailed description of what you're trying to do, and how you're thinking of doing it, and we'll be able to offer a lot more help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back