I think I need some of these

JChenault

I was watching some folks set up a carnival in a hotel, and discovered a new piece of hardware.

They were using it to hold lightweight flats upright. It's made of aluminum, has an adjustable clamp for the legs, and a wide foot.

I talked briefly to the owner, she says she inherited them when she purchased the company and can't find them any more. Anyone know a source?
IMG_1214.jpg
IMG_1212.jpg

Do you have any pictures of the other side? Does it attach to the flat itself (via screws or bolts), or is it a clamp that is removable for transport? Even if you can't find the original company, they don't look too hard to make.

Do you have any pictures of the other side? Does it attach to the flat itself (via screws or bolts), or is it a clamp that is removable for transport? Even if you can't find the original company, they don't look too hard to make.

I don’t have better pictures

It does not attach with screws or bolts. Just friction between the two plates.
They totally detach. There was a pile of them in the truck

I’m partly looking because the company ( Make a Scene) would like more.

I don’t have better pictures

It does not attach with screws or bolts. Just friction between the two plates.
They totally detach. There was a pile of them in the truck

I’m partly looking because the company ( Make a Scene) would like more.
It looks homemade I would take it to your local metal shop and have them fashion you some.
I spent the last 30 mins looking before I go to bed and came up with nothing.

Hmmmmm, REALLY easy to make...

Almost feels easier if you could live with a 1 5/8 off the floor - standard unistrut components. A piece of strut as long as you want and two brackets - 8 1/2 to 16 1/2 inches in 2 inch increments.

Almost feels easier if you could live with a 1 5/8 off the floor - standard unistrut components. A piece of strut as long as you want and two brackets - 8 1/2 to 16 1/2 inches in 2 inch increments.
Or even Shallow Strut if you're concerned about height off the deck / floor.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

This is not the same but we use them extensively in meetings and trade shows and it might fit the bill of what you are looking for. Our most common usage is with Foamcore or Gator foam but we have used them on double sided woo frame flats. They look very sleek and for clients who want hard masking panels instead of drape we can put 4 x 8 sheets of gator foam in 48" mightee mounts and they look very clean.

I was watching some folks set up a carnival in a hotel, and discovered a new piece of hardware.

They were using it to hold lightweight flats upright. It's made of aluminum, has an adjustable clamp for the legs, and a wide foot.

I talked briefly to the owner, she says she inherited them when she purchased the company and can't find them any more. Anyone know a source?
View attachment 19327View attachment 19328
The old (non-theater) carpenter in me says "that's a door buck."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back