IA held a strike-auth vote yesterday; League/Disney blinked

Jay Ashworth

This story doesn't say how the strike vote went, and neither does THR, but Deadline notes voting is open for another hour (til 11p Thu); apparently, things weren't looking good for the producers on this 'Pink Contract' vote.

This story doesn't say how the strike vote went, and neither does THR, but Deadline notes voting is open for another hour (til 11p Thu); apparently, things weren't looking good for the producers on this 'Pink Contract' vote.

If voting is still open, it's unlikely that the story would know how the strike vote went (as voting was still open).

There's been a tentative agreement made since voting opened between the Broadway League and IATSE for pink contract employees, pending a vote by the membership.

Well my point in my phrasing was mostly that neither the plsn or The Hollywood Reporter stories actually noted that the vote was still open, which is why they didn't say what the result was.

Separately though, you seem to be suggesting that the agreement predates the announcement of the strike vote, and that does not seem consonant with what I thought I read in those stories, and indeed, with plsn's headline. Did I misunderstand you?

In the time since the strike vote began, there has been a tentative agreement on a contract. This agreement is pending member ratification.

This story doesn't say how the strike vote went
Vote closed Thursday, 77% of all eligible voters turned up, 99% in-favor of strike authorization. Producers came to the table after seeing mass outcry from social media and from shows, there was a very rapid mobilization of the constituency when the strike authorization vote was announced. Elligible members were explained in broad strokes the terms of the revised agreement, but the specifics will be out eventually for us to vote on them.

A little update to this, contract has been ratified. I'll keep my opinions about the terms brief and non-confrontational. Broadway saw a massive pay scale bump for new shows opening as well as a plan over the next 3 years to get on par with local 1 rates. Wardrobe/hair/makeup got a few things that bring them up to the rest of the departments albeit still have 8 free hours built into each week. A new trial tier was added between full pink and modified. Per diem/housing is the same as equity's. Gave up a holiday to gain another holiday. Finally got language on what a swing crew member is as well as a required day of rest 1 per month.
Personal opinion I feel we could have gotten more out of them had we utilized the strike authorization but I know people are still recovering from the pandemic shutdowns.
But a little movement is better than no movement.

A little update to this, contract has been ratified. I'll keep my opinions about the terms brief and non-confrontational. Broadway saw a massive pay scale bump for new shows opening as well as a plan over the next 3 years to get on par with local 1 rates. Wardrobe/hair/makeup got a few things that bring them up to the rest of the departments albeit still have 8 free hours built into each week. A new trial tier was added between full pink and modified. Per diem/housing is the same as equity's. Gave up a holiday to gain another holiday. Finally got language on what a swing crew member is as well as a required day of rest 1 per month.
Personal opinion I feel we could have gotten more out of them had we utilized the strike authorization but I know people are still recovering from the pandemic shutdowns.
But a little movement is better than no movement.
There's no language about swings in this contract. There's no required day of rest in this contract (there's an amount of money detailed each month if you don't have 24 hours off). It's a Broadway win. It's a touring... Meh

Reactions: Van
There's no language about swings in this contract. There's no required day of rest in this contract (there's an amount of money detailed each month if you don't have 24 hours off). It's a Broadway win. It's a touring... Meh
I agree its a broadway win, tours got left out to dry again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back