Ideas or suggestions for fog system?

mitch4027

I work in an outdoor theater where we use fog in several scenes. We have a mountain that uses two fog machines the fire into one system. The problem is the system is about 8-10 years old and we have increased our fog output without changing the system to compensate for the increased volume. I'm basically looking for ideas on fans and delivery methods. The current setup is 2 Antari Z3000-II which are both tremendous machines. These fire fog into a "fog box" which is just a transformed road case. This is then connected to four slide valves that run for different setups.
mountain-setup.jpg

What size pipe do you use to deliver the fog to the various output points. They make 6" inline duct fans that I use quite frequently to push fog along long runs; however, the fans do not work very well if you step them down to a smaller pipe size do to the flow restriction. I only metion 6" because that is the smallest size that I have come across; they make bigger, but I have been unable to find any that are smaller, and readily available.

What size pipe do you use to deliver the fog to the various output points. They make 6" inline duct fans that I use quite frequently to push fog along long runs; however, the fans do not work very well if you step them down to a smaller pipe size do to the flow restriction. I only metion 6" because that is the smallest size that I have come across; they make bigger, but I have been unable to find any that are smaller, and readily available.

We go from the box into 3" pipe then step up to 4" flex pipe. What is the CFM of the fans you use? the current fans we have are squirrel cage fans with an output of about 800CFM a minute each. Which was fine for 110V machines, but these new machines put out roughly 35,000 CFM of fog a minute. Plus i'm looking for low cost... that's kind of a bummer.

We go from the box into 3" pipe then step up to 4" flex pipe. What is the CFM of the fans you use? the current fans we have are squirrel cage fans with an output of about 800CFM a minute each. Which was fine for 110V machines, but these new machines put out roughly 35,000 CFM of fog a minute. Plus i'm looking for low cost... that's kind of a bummer.

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you... I've been dealing with my current show... you know how that goes.

To answer your question, my duct fans only push about 160 CFM, I use them only for low lying fog, which has a low CFM coming from the machine, so its not a big deal for me. I also only deal with runs of maybe 10-15', but if it gets longer I add more fans, just to keep the air moving. When doing straight fog, I try to keep the run as short as possible and let the fogger do the work, however; I did find a 4" inline duct fan this weekend, again, low volume, but not too expensive. In your case it may not be exactly what your looking for however. Sorry I couldnt be more help. For low cost, I'm not sure of much else you could do... off the top of my head

Users who are viewing this thread

Back