I'm considering writing a book

Gaff, by the time you finish it, I'll have graduated and might be looking for something to apply liberal amounts of red pen to:twisted:

Same here! (Although Derek probably would be your best bet due to the fact that he knows more about theatre than I do...)

P.S. - Can I get an autographed copy?

Maybe a collaborative book is in order? After all, it seems quite a few have thought about writing/written/dreamed of writing... It could be called The Controlbooth Chronicles or something like that... good advertisement for Controlbooth!

That's all well and good until we get to copyright and royalties... Somehow people tend to change once cash come into the equation...

Came across this when searching for another post.... so... Gaff.... Hows that coming..... Its almost been 3 years.....

Last edited:
I certainly think that is a great idea to write a book. I had that thought in college when the book we were using in intro to theatre class (which I student taught for 2 years) seemed SO out of date. The tools section stood out to me the most, they where all sketches and very old. Does anyone still use a Yankee Drill on a regular basis? I can't recall the name of the book, its on a shelf with all the other books.

I have always liked the Backstage Handbook as a quick reference.

I certainly feel that a book of this nature would do well in all three high schools in my district. I have been fighting to get a tech class started at my FAC for our summer program that melds all three of the schools into one performance, but I haven't convinced the powers to be to create it yet. A book or "manual" like this would certainly help out.

I would love to help out in some form fashion if you need.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back