I'm screwed! Help Please!!!!

theatre4jc

Holly crap I am screwed! I have a show tomorrow (day 1 of a 24 day tour) and my hazer isn't working. A Neutron XS. I was having issues and found a used one, bought it and it was working perfectly. Now it's not. Here is the issue the 2 wires that connect to the tube (see attached picture) have come undone. The tube was overheating turning bright red and smoking so I noticed the problem. Is there a safe way to reconnect these? Do they attach to the same spot? Will solder hold or does it need to be a tac wield?

proxy.php

Sorry the picture is blurry. I'm assuming these 2 wires attach to the same spot, looks like it was originally a tac wield. I need to rig this tonight (11/29) for a show tomorrow morning. Can't get it to a shop and have no $ for parts.

Any help is much needed, I'm stressed so please don't respond with the "you should have just bought xxx hazer"

Sorry to be no help but are you sure there isn't a different problem that is causing the tube to overheat and therefore the connection to fail. Unless the loose wires are the cause of the overheating solder would certainly fail. Remember that it becomes molten at below 800'F.

If it's such a major show, can't you arrange to rent a hazer since it's so important? Go to your supervisor/director/funder tell them that if you don't get a new hazer the show's gone.?

Unfortunately I can't rent for tomorrow morning, which is why I'm was trying to fix it myself. I've got an email to a shop to order and drop ship a replacement which would be much better than renting a hazer from a shop while on the road. I know the exact part and problem so it's just a matter of replacing the piece.

Theres another thread around about this but basically you take a piece of copper wire, I used 1 strand from a pice of 12guage and then hold the two wires to the tube and wrap the copper wire around the tube and the wires to hold them in place, it doesnt matter if the wires are touching.

Dude I thought I saw that thread a while ago but when I did the search (in my freaking out moment) I didn't see it again and couldn't remember the thread I saw it on. Thanks so so so much!!!!

Wow thanks guys. Seriously I don't know what I would do without you guys. Got the hazer fixed and pumping 5 minutes before house opened and luckily this place is a small venue and it's starting to fill nicely. Thanks so so so much!!!!

Unfortunately I can't rent for tomorrow morning, which is why I'm was trying to fix it myself. I've got an email to a shop to order and drop ship a replacement which would be much better than renting a hazer from a shop while on the road. I know the exact part and problem so it's just a matter of replacing the piece.

If it's not too late to change out replacement, I'd skip the Neutron and go straight to the Radiance. Much better product, and if you can get the tour package ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back