The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

Image Projectors

Discussion in 'Lighting and Electrics' started by djmx, Aug 16, 2008.

1. djmx

djmx Member

I am very interested in image projectors and I would like to know if somebody knows, what company sells attachments like this or other similars?
    [media]http://www.strandarchive.co.uk/lanterns/images/p252_2.jpg[/media]
    [media]http://www.pslx.co.uk/images/Cadenza-EP-VSFX-Combo.gif[/media]

Or even if could become customized.

2. LightStud

LightStud Active Member

3. djmx

djmx Member

I need a custom rotating disc that can project 6 or 8 slides of 6x7 and that turns with an adjustable timer at intervals (5-60 seconds) It would be for outdoor advertising projection.

Any advice is appreciated.:grin:

Attached Files:

4. Sony

Sony Active Member

Freelance Electrician/Rigger
    It would probably be easier to just rent a LCD Projector and scan the slides into a computer and put them in a Power Point Presentation and use that...

5. djmx

djmx Member

The problem is that I need a lot of light punch (240,000 lumens) to project in walls and buildings, in addition the projector is for a permanent application.

6. Sony

Sony Active Member

Freelance Electrician/Rigger
    What do you need 240,000 lumens for? You obviously need to overpower the ambient lights but your average 5,000 to 10,000 lumen can do that EASILY. We use a 4,500 Lumen LCD Projector at my college and it even overpowers the wash from the stage lights. I especially recommend a LCD Projector in a permanent install because it will be easier to change the images if you want to and easier to service. Not only that but They make LCD Projectors that connect to a network and run slide shows automatically or you could run video if you wanted to at a later date. Check out Christie - Providing Digital and Film Projectors for Any Application they make some really powerful projectors (up to 30k lumens.)

7. Mullet1215

Mullet1215 Member

I have only ever heard of one... the GAM Scene Machine. If anyone has used it how well does it work. Pros, cons??

8. LightStud

LightStud Active Member

The GAM Scene Machine (link above) is a good unit, but not suited for what djmx wants. djmx, you're not set in stone on the image wheel are you?, as I see numerous drawbacks. If you must have 6"x7" ]large format' slides I can think of only two manufacturers:
    German, PANI - Stage Lighting & Projection
    French, ETC London - Paris High Power Projection Experts Transformations with image and light
    Neither is small, inexpensive, or maintenance-free. Quite the opposite actually.

9. ruinexplorer

ruinexplorer Minion CB Mods Premium Member Fight Leukemia

Projectionist
    I think you are looking for something like this on a bigger scale: Elation Professional Lighting: Special Effect

I thought Martin made some of these, but I can't seem to find them on their site right now.