Inbetween clearcom and walkie talkies.

gabe

Hi, at my high school a nice clear com set isn't in our budget right now but we're all tired of using Motorala Walkie Talkies. Does anybody have some suggestions for 3 to 4 unit systems that have a mid range price (mid range for a school that is)

Thanks.

Highly second that. Their gear is very simply made, but hold up much better then any other com gear I have worked with. Their headets are also better made in my opinion. They will also work with most telex systems.

im begining to wish we went with them at the paces i have been.

i wouldnt mind having one of the behind the head head sets and a few wireless ones for flys... *dreams*

I have a Telex BTR300 wireless system I'll sell for about $3k. Includes base, 4 beltpacks, 4 Beyer headsets (or new PH88's or PH1's if you'd prefer), anteneas, power supply, etc. Works well, but we needed 2 channels so have upgraded to a BTR800.

Just to clarify, all of the PI brand headsets are fully compatible with ClearCom beltpacks, in addition to full PI systems being fully interchangeable with Clearcom systems. I tend to like the sound of ClearCom slightly better, but it's a difference only I'd ever notice, and because of the latching mic button on the beltpacks, I actually prefer the PI beltpacks for use with a phone-style handset.

At the shop, we actually have a bigger stock of PI than ClearCom, and typically only send ClearCom when it's specifically requested. PI boxes are generally built really sturdily, the only problem I typically see on them is noisy volume pots, but that's easy enough to fix with a good maintenance program. PI is also great about replacing/repairing broken equipment for a reasonable cost when it's not a warranty issue.

I'll generally happily work with either brand of gear, and PI is certainly a great option to look at if ClearCom is out of your budget.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back