Incredible Lighting Technology

DELO72

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to let you know of an incredible technology out there which solve many of the problems faced with modern LED fixtures.

This lighting technology has 100 CRI! Absolute PERFECT color rendering on Stage or Camera. The best in the industry. Not achievable with Metal Halide or LED sources!

Year after year, the production of the source matches perfectly, with no change in Color coordinates or color temperature due to binning mismatches.

This technology has PERFECT dimming from all the way from 0 -- 100% with no sudden on or offs and no flicker! It provides the warm glow and dimming curve that audiences around the world have loved and grown accustomed to over the past 70+ years!

This technology is nearly silent as no fans are needed or used in the fixtures.

Because this technology is line-dimmable, it works 100% PERFECTLY compatible with all of your existing, legacy dimming systems! GUARANTEED-- Regardless of brand. In fact, you can even put it on a cheap rotary resistance dimmer you buy at Lowes for $10, and it'll still work perfectly!

This technology is PROVEN and reliable.

Best yet, when this source fails, you don't need to replace the entire fixture, you simply remove the lamp, and for (in most cases) less than $20, you can pop in a new one and your fixture is back to working as good as new!

Introducing the TUNGSTEN HALOGEN LAMP! Available at all Entertainment distributors and dealers near you!

Yeah but Watt the Heck.. and at least as of last april at Firehous 6 in livermore..

Washington, and several other states, have decided to prevent the sale of bulbs that they deem too inefficient. (Thankfully, halogens seem to be exempted, so far.) Recently, I could not buy 150 Watt "A" lamps. My church uses a bunch of these for house lights over our side aisles. I was able to get a case of them through an out of state Amazon seller. I imagine they were bending the rules, but I am grateful they did. When these bulbs become unobtainable, the choice will be poorly dimming LED screw-ins or replacing the fixtures. Retrofitting 32 light fixtures would require extensive ceiling repair, 2000 sq feet of fresh paint, and replacement of the architectural controls.

I cringe every time I have to order a batch of bulbs. The changing regulations are very frustrating.

Washington, and several other states, have decided to prevent the sale of bulbs that they deem too inefficient. (Thankfully, halogens seem to be exempted, so far.) Recently, I could not buy 150 Watt "A" lamps. My church uses a bunch of these for house lights over our side aisles. I was able to get a case of them through an out of state Amazon seller. I imagine they were bending the rules, but I am grateful they did. When these bulbs become unobtainable, the choice will be poorly dimming LED screw-ins or replacing the fixtures. Retrofitting 32 light fixtures would require extensive ceiling repair, 2000 sq feet of fresh paint, and replacement of the architectural controls.

I cringe every time I have to order a batch of bulbs. The changing regulations are very frustrating.

Claim a religious exemption-

"Like with old order Mennonites and Amish, there's a limit to acceptable technology - and in our church we draw the line at incandescent lamps. No LED or florescent lamps!"

What about the video wall?

"It's not a lamp. We have to maintain some level of orthodoxy!"

/nudge, wink, satire, irony, other literary devices

FWIW I recently bought a carton of HPL 375W 115V lamps. The first 2 out of the box hissed the moment they were inserted in to the socket so they aren't silient or reliable. Someone has a QC problem. Time for an RMA...

Not at all. Someone has a shipper problem. Try having your UPS guy drop the boxes of LED fixtures a few times and let me know how well those work afterwards. When lamps degas like that, after each has already passed a light-up test post-production, it because some gorilla wearing a UPS or FEDEX shirt tossed the boxes around between the point when it left the factory and got to you. When the boxes get tossed around, the press seal area develops microcracks (which can also happen if the lamp is inserted by someone holding onto the bulb as they push it into the socket.) Those aren't quality control or a Manufacturer problem. That said, we'd be happy to take a look at them and confirm that suspicion.

Not at all. Someone has a shipper problem. Try having your UPS guy drop the boxes of LED fixtures a few times and let me know how well those work afterwards. When lamps degas like that, after each has already passed a light-up test post-production, it because some gorilla wearing a UPS or FEDEX shirt tossed the boxes around between the point when it left the factory and got to you. When the boxes get tossed around, the press seal area develops microcracks (which can also happen if the lamp is inserted by someone holding onto the bulb as they push it into the socket.) Those aren't quality control or a Manufacturer problem. That said, we'd be happy to take a look at them and confirm that suspicion.
Well -- and I know I'm talking to a manufacturer here :-} -- if you *know* what the shipping environment is like, you need to pack to that standard. Cause that's the Last Clear Chance.

That's why people insure shipments.
That too, and yes, sometimes insurance isn't enough to meet your deadlines either...

And in constrained supply environments, even ordering early or twice as much -- if you have that financial luxury -- isn't enough either.

Best to preclude breakability, I think, having shipped a 2mm diameter cold-cathode laptop backlight successfully.

Granted, Jay, avoiding the problem is preferable. But making some #$%^& idiot (or their employer) pay dearly for it is second best.

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to let you know of an incredible technology out there which solve many of the problems faced with modern LED fixtures.

This lighting technology has 100 CRI! Absolute PERFECT color rendering on Stage or Camera. The best in the industry. Not achievable with Metal Halide or LED sources!

Year after year, the production of the source matches perfectly, with no change in Color coordinates or color temperature due to binning mismatches.

This technology has PERFECT dimming from all the way from 0 -- 100% with no sudden on or offs and no flicker! It provides the warm glow and dimming curve that audiences around the world have loved and grown accustomed to over the past 70+ years!

Because this technology is line-dimmable, it works 100% PERFECTLY compatible with all of your existing, legacy dimming systems! GUARANTEED-- Regardless of brand. In fact, you can even put it on a cheap rotary resistance dimmer you buy at Lowes for $10, and it'll still work perfectly!

Best yet, when this source fails, you don't need to replace the entire fixture, you simply remove the lamp, and for (in most cases) less than $20, you can pop in a new one and your fixture is back to working as good as new!

Introducing the TUNGSTEN HALOGEN LAMP! Available at all Entertainment distributors and dealers near you!
I miss the demise of the 100A/HAL/F Osram #18970 for strip lights. I have two cases (24) of them left. Best strip light lamp ever, but would only sell the lamps to a strip or footlight I servieced or was properly serviced by someone else in using them properly. Could be dangerous to use on non-properly upgraded lighting gear.

Three cases (18) of the 150w PAR 38 FL , 2 cases (24) of 150w PAR 38 SP lamps in new stock, plus others free to go with just to get out of my inventory that I have to track and will not be using.

I also have 24x HPR 575/115 Osram #54549 T-6, CL Quartz Internal Reflector on the shelf for those that want to improve axial Leko output. Tales in the past from me in beating a S-4 for output on this lamp on the forum which worried Mark in the past in me spreading rhumer's about a liquid filled halogen lamp coming.

Kind of a shame, the HPR never got the HPL filament for retro lights in becoming more efficient yet. But at least the BTH did get done. Mark, what is the status of the liquid filled halogen lamp? In science xenon lamps can sustain an arc for them, is it theoritally possible for halogen?

Off line PM any concept of sales about less lamps to inventory from stock. No buisness on-line on this forum ever! And only business for what is not commonly available from other sources to be presented where there is no other sources for it... my goal presented.

Last edited:
Reactions: Les

Aerotech (Lamp Manufacturer/Distributer) (847)352-4900 www.aerolights.com They specilize above others in lamps for exemption for efficient lamps, There are others.

Hi everyone,

I spent months tracking moving light lamp failures on the Walking with Dinosours tour. Learned a lot. One moving light manufacturer was using a fragile follow spot lamp for a moving light lamp, which in being bounced about in load in's was not structurally designed to sustain the abuse. A second lamp worked fine in some fixtures, but not well in more modern fixtures. Turned out, some fixtures dim when shutters are closed, others do not.

Than to the Viper fixture problems and other fixture/lamp problems years later. Expensive in solving.

This week a friend of mine a Mom in raising her kids, was looking to retiurn to work after a 16 year absense with us. She thought that she could just step right in and be ready do go... 16 years has been a world of innovation and changes. That's like the whole fiber/ethernet and LED concepts in.... before that.

Well -- and I know I'm talking to a manufacturer here :-} -- if you *know* what the shipping environment is like, you need to pack to that standard. Cause that's the Last Clear Chance.

Ah, so you admit you will happily pay more for shipping and we can drastically increase our prices to cover this new, unexpected cost?

... I didn't think so.

:)

This week a friend of mine a Mom in raising her kids, was looking to retiurn to work after a 16 year absense with us. She thought that she could just step right in and be ready do go... 16 years has been a world of innovation and changes. That's like the whole fiber/ethernet and LED concepts in.... before that.

That's "walking with dinosaurs (fixtures)" after 16 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back