Installs Installing Electro-Voice ZX1's

Hey just wondering if people had some insight as to how to install Electro-Voice ZX1's suspended from the ceiling or anchored to a wall.

Been looking around but wanted some thoughts from others about what the best method is and good product suggestions for suspension or mounting.

It is completely Dependant on what the infrastructure of the building is, where you want them pointing, and what you want them to look like cosmetically.

It does not appear that that speaker is really designed to be flown in the traditional sense. I only see four points listed on it and they are all on the bottom of the speaker, which means odds are it is designed to be wall mounted with the bracket. I would not go modifying the speaker or its attachment points to fly the thing with chain/cable. Speakers that are designed to be flown with chain/cable usually have at least 12 different attachment points in different places.

One way to mount them off the ground would be to either build a shelf and properly secure it on it or buy something like this.

proxy.php

Your not going to get any tilt with that, but it will get it off the floor and give you some room to play with it.

Last edited:
Hey just wondering if people had some insight as to how to install Electro-Voice ZX1's suspended from the ceiling or anchored to a wall.

Been looking around but wanted some thoughts from others about what the best method is and good product suggestions for suspension or mounting.
You either get the ZX1i version that has an integrated wall mount bracket, http://www.electrovoice.com/sitefiles/downloads/38110470.pdf, or you could add the MP-1B mounting plate or CA-ZX truss clamp adapter, http://www.electrovoice.com/sitefiles/downloads/MP1-B_CA-ZX_Instructions.pdf. But that's just the hardware and all the usual caveats regarding the application of them still apply.

A wall mount is included with the Zx1i.

EV makes both a truss clamp (EV Part: CA-ZX) and a suspension (EV Part: MP1-B) for the Zx1. The cutsheets for both seem to have gotten lost when EV moved websites. It would be worth talking to EV to get some more details.

As always, follow all the manufacturer's instructions!

EDIT: Brad and Derek posted while I was writing my reply and seem to have found the instructions I was missing!

Last edited:
Here's a solution I came up with for a suspended and aimable installation.

proxy.php

Although difficult to see, I used two O clamps mounted to the flange of the ZX1's Strong Arm Mount and attached it to a length of 2" tubing which in turn was double O clamped to a batten in the theatre.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back