The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

Intel Power Question

Discussion in 'Lighting and Electrics' started by DCATTechie, Dec 27, 2008.

1. DCATTechie

DCATTechie Active Member

Can I plug an Intel into a standard 120v edison wall outlet? Can I plug two into the same edison wall receptacle? I have very little knowledge of power so any help is greatly appreciated with power draw/consumption, power drop-off, 20amp or 30amp company switches, the whole sha-bang!

Thanks!

2. Wolf

Wolf Active Member

I know I have heard of the Intel but I cant remember what it exactly is, so some more information would be appreciated

3. len

len Well-Known Member

Definitely, maybe. Some fixtures are auto sensing, so you can pretty much power them up with anything from 110 to 240v. WITHIN LIMITS. But others aren't. Some can be set to a certain voltage manually. So you need to know the limits of the fixtures before you can connect it to power. Same goes with the number on a circuit. Depending on what the fixture wants, and what voltage you have. Not enough info in your post to give you an answer. Best place to start is to read the manual.

4. avkid

avkid Not a New User Fight Leukemia

Stagehand/ Production Company Owner
    Look for ratings by the power input.
    Remember your West Virginia formula.
    W=V x A
    Wattage=Volts x Amps

5. Pie4Weebl

Pie4Weebl Well-Known Member Fight Leukemia

I only use AMD chips.... :mrgreen:

In all seriousness what kind of moving light are you looking at. Asking about power and not saying what type of light you are using is like asking what kind of oil your car should use and not saying what kind of car it is.