The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

Control/Dimming "Intelligent Light" Cues

Discussion in 'Lighting and Electrics' started by joeboo46, Jun 11, 2009.

1. joeboo46

joeboo46 Member

As I am familiar with the physical and mechanical details of making an intelligent light work, I am not familiar with programming them on a intelligent light console. I am wondering how complex moves of intelligent lights are programmed. For example I want a VL3K to swing in and out for a look and then repeat it several times. Is it recorded as a "part cue," "effect cue" etc. or something completely different? I am familiar with console operation on conventional light rigs and I have dome some basic intelligent light cues using follows and links and such but I am looking to find out how the shows that have 200 intelligent fixtures do it. What I guess i'm asking is how do I apply a consoles features or functions to make a "moving" intelligent light cue? I will be using a ETC Ion. Or maybe someone can direct me to a post that may answer my questions I looked I promise.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2009
  2. icewolf08

icewolf08 CBMod CB Mods

Controls Technician - TAIT Towers
    there are many different ways to accomplish this, but the easiest will be to used the Ion's built in effects engine. There are pre-programmed effects to choose from or you can make your own. Creating effects is a simple as drawing a graph of what you want the effect to do and then inserting that effect into cues. You can also assign the effects to submasters or direct selects. I can't give you the exact keystrokes to do it, but i am sure if you take a look at the ion manual, it won't lead you astray.

3. joeboo46

joeboo46 Member

Yes I am currently playing with the offline editor I did stumble across the effects engine. I used the effects engine on a hog once for a show but was running it live so I wasn't programming anything into cues. I am assuming you can set the start ans end points of these effects somewhere but I haven't gotten there yet. And then for example you just Record Effect 901 into a cue and it does it??