INTERCOM - Clear-Com CL200 Replacment

cnnrward

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knows of a replacement for the Clear-Com CL200 Call light actuator. The theatre I work for has a DX200, DX210, and MS-702. They are trying to integrate them into one system after I fixed the shorts in the 2 channel wiring.

Being able to call from a wired beltpack via the ISO relay on the BS210 would be a great feature. In theory, I would replace the button on the CL200 and hook it to the relay.

On a related note, does anyone have an idea on how to trigger the actuator from a beltpack on the DX200 System? Perhaps via the AUX/ISO+ out? Use it as a relay?

Thanks!

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone knows of a replacement for the Clear-Com CL200 Call light actuator.

You can still pick them up, they are the only box I know that does the job.

The theatre I work for has a DX200, DX210, and MS-702. They are trying to integrate them into one system after I fixed the shorts in the 2 channel wiring.

Being able to call from a wired beltpack via the ISO relay on the BS210 would be a great feature. In theory, I would replace the button on the CL200 and hook it to the relay.

I don't think that messing with the CL200 is the best option here. The ISO button is really meant to isolate your talk channel down the aux out line, and use the relays for something like triggering the Tx on a radio. I bet you could disable aux out and just use the Iso to trigger the NO relay to short power to ground on the 2wr and trigger a call light on the 2wr intercom.

On a related note, does anyone have an idea on how to trigger the actuator from a beltpack on the DX200 System? Perhaps via the AUX/ISO+ out? Use it as a relay?

I don't think there is any relay capabilities on the DX200.

I would think long and hard if you really really need the wireless packs to call the wired intercom. In almost a decade using RF intercom on major productions I've never needed wireless com to trigger a call light on wired com -- during a show literally the only people triggering call lights are 1. The SM trying to get someones attention from someone not actively on intercom (ie. A1) and 2. The A2 trying to get the attention of the A1 who is mixing a show and not on intercom.

I don't think that messing with the CL200 is the best option here. The ISO button is really meant to isolate your talk channel down the aux out line, and use the relays for something like triggering the Tx on a radio. I bet you could disable aux out and just use the Iso to trigger the NO relay to short power to ground on the 2wr and trigger a call light on the 2wr intercom.

I would agree except that the actuator would also call the wireless system from the wired.

I would think long and hard if you really really need the wireless packs to call the wired intercom. In almost a decade using RF intercom on major productions I've never needed wireless com to trigger a call light on wired com -- during a show literally the only people triggering call lights are 1. The SM trying to get someones attention from someone not actively on intercom (ie. A1) and 2. The A2 trying to get the attention of the A1 who is mixing a show and not on intercom.

Almost everything we do is on the wireless COM, including the SM. I'll probably end up connecting the DX200 ISO+ into the wire interface on the DX210. http://www.clearcom.com/upload/download/DX200_Configuration_for_2-Channel_Operation.pdf. This would give all beltpacks 2ch to work with. and since we only have 3 BP210's only those will be able to call the wired system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back