Career Advice Interested in working with Cirque du Soleil?

ruinexplorer

Sherpa
CB Mods
Premium Member
Fight Leukemia
If you live near the San Francisco area, you may want to attend this event December 6th (2016).

https://cirquedusoleil.taleo.net/ca...il.ftl?job=CIR00840&lang=en#.WB6VY5HL_Cc.link

At Cirque du Soleil, amazement is part of the job. In order to astonish thousands of people around the world each evening, a tremendous amount of behind-the-scenes talent is required. Nearly 3,000 employees back up our performing artists. Our Production and Operations teams include energetic and passionate individuals across the globe, all making a contribution so we can present our phenomenal shows.

We are happy to invite you to our Red Curtain event taking place in San Francisco on December 6, 2016. You can register for this event by applying here directly and sending us your résumé. After registering, you will receive an e-mail confirming your attendance and giving you all the time and location details you may require.

At the event, you will have the opportunity to meet our different recruiters and managers, have a drink and a quick bite with our employees, and learn more aboutCirque du Soleil and its many career opportunities around the world!

The Red Curtain event in San Francisco will focus on the following technical specialties:

Automation: Manage all automation and motorization equipment during performances as well as related personnel.

Rigging: Manage the use and maintenance of rigging equipment utilized by artists during performances, rehearsals and training periods.

Lighting: Manage the use and maintenance of lighting equipment while preserving the artistic integrity of the original lighting concept.

Special effects: Supervise the storage, use, maintenance and disposal of equipment used for gaseous and pyrotechnical special effects according to ATF requirements and local safety codes and regulations.

Sound: Manage all audio aspects of the show, including updating sound-related files, maintenance logs, systems and archives.

Carpenter: Manage all set-related aspects during performances, supervise backstage operations and equipment, and oversee the set team.

Wardrobe: Oversee maintenance of wigs, hats, costumes, shoes, etc. and respond to requests from creators and artistic and technical coordinators.

Props: Manage and supervise props operations in accordance with standards and regulations ensuring the safety of props and employees.
Stage Management: Apply emergency measures, manage show, rehearsal and training schedules.

REGISTER TODAY! We look forward to meeting you!

I don't know how often these are offered, but I think we have had a couple members go to these before. Even if you don't get an offer, I'm sure that they can offer some career advice.

Last edited:
Looks so cool. Wish I lived west coast.

10 years ago, I attended. If I was down for packing my bags and hitting the road in a week or less, I'd have had the gig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back