Interesting new show "Soft Goods"

Very interesting. Wish there was a way I could get there and see it.

Will be interesting to see how she moves the wings to the main stage as our stage is perpendicular to a regular stage with still giving depth to what we do affects the main stage and it's production. If it's going that far. Nice article.

Crap. I have a middle school musical this weekend or I'd make the drive up. Seems like a really cool concept.

It's a great idea. Load-in as art. Crew come in at 7:30 PM, starts load-in while audience watches but only an hours worth, take our 20 break while the audience gets to go to the bathroom and mingle in the lobby, then Act II, we load out.

Producers love it, no actors, saves on the budget.

It's a great idea. Load-in as art. Crew come in at 7:30 PM, starts load-in while audience watches but only an hours worth, take our 20 break while the audience gets to go to the bathroom and mingle in the lobby, then Act II, we load out.

Producers love it, no actors, saves on the budget.
You're missing out on an opportunity here Steve. I think this would actually work best as three shows in rep. Friday Night: Load-in Saturday: Performance Sunday Matinee: Load-out
Come See All Three!

I somewhat remember from a long ago theater history course, that for a time in I think Italian stagecraft, the scenery WAS the show. The audience came to be amazed by the movement and effects of the set.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back