Internal HDbaseT card for arkaos media master

Rainmaker

Hey all. Working on building a new all in one video editing and media server solution now that prices for components are coming down. We don't do enough video to fully lean into Hippo or another type of dedicated server solution. I'm looking at putting MediaMaster onto a new computer I'm building.

For context, we commonly use 2, 10k laser projectors anytime we need video on a production. Previously this would feed out of a computer running SCS and the signal would go into a TripleHead2Go via DP, come out HDMI and use boosted HDMI cables to go wherever it needed to go. This has worked but somewhat limited us due to cable run lengths even of amplified HDMI cables.

My question, our projectors take HDbaseT or HDMI natively. Is it better to get something like this and place it in the computer and go from there

OR

Use the multiple video outs on a 3080/4080 and do a conversion to Fiber or cat6 and then convert back to HDMI by the projector?

That is a nice card but what resolution does it pump out. If it said I missed it. Really just sounds like you need to come out the computer with choice of cable convert to SDI and if your projector doesn’t have SDI convert back to what it has. Black Magic makes good gear as well as Decimator. Obviously if you are going more than 100m look to a fiber solution.

Is there a particular one you'd recommend going either 1 DP/HDMI to 3-4 sdi to 3/4 projectors? Or do I need to run a unit for each output from either the GPU or the TripleHead2Go?

Is there a particular one you'd recommend going either 1 DP/HDMI to 3-4 sdi to 3/4 projectors? Or do I need to run a unit for each output from either the GPU or the TripleHead2Go?
I have a card in my vMix box that has 4 full-size DP outputs; don't remember which model of nVidia it is.

Lemme look.

Quadro P4000. Bought it used on eBay from a Canadian guy, just under $500; works fine.

I recommend both as we use both interchangeable. What you run it out of is your choice. The cable run will stay the same and in theory the only thing changing is your source.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back