internship program

hey all,

I'm working on some new curriculum for an internship program and I need you help. I am looking for one (or two) good books on lighting that will cover basic techniques, color, yada yada yada for concert and theatrical lighting.

The internship program does not focus on the technical aspect so much as the creative aspect of art. However, there needs to be a base knowledge.

The internship covers a number of focus areas in which each intern can choose 1-3 (music, drama, dance, film making, writing, and tech/production).

any thoughts?

Designing with Light, Fifth Edition by Michael J. Gillette.

For a more accessible book for some people, Steve Shelley's A Practical Guide to Stage Lighting is a good book.

What he said... I'm a big fan of the Gillette book, if the students are younger it might be a little tough for them but the content is still the best.

Have you checked out the plsn bookshelf?

Designing with Light, Fifth Edition by Michael J. Gillette.

For a more accessible book for some people, Steve Shelley's A Practical Guide to Stage Lighting is a good book.
I'll second Shelley's, don't recall whether or not ive read the first.

The Gillette book is great and I use it with all of my beginning students. If that book isn't what you want, I would also take a look at Essig's Lighting and the Design Idea. The are simillar but approach the subject from slightly different angles.

Cheers.

If kids are into the business of it all too, and it's a good read on design too, get your hands on a copy of "The Magic of Light" by Jean Rosenthal. It's one of those books to have and not give away :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back