Intro - hello

Hello All - I am new to the ControlBooth community! My name is Barry (everyone says...hi Barry!)

I work in a church where we are looking at re-doing our lighting system. I have been given many bids in the 80K range - we simply can't do it all at once, so i'm beginning the process of building it from the bottom up.

I'm new to the lighting stuff - especially DMX. I look forward to learning as much as I can from those much wiser than I .

hope to connect soon,

b

Hi BARRY! Welcome to the Booth. Post a question in the lighting forum for advice on how to piece your lighting system together. There are lots of pros around here with great ideas about what you need for a lighting system. We may come up with some more affordable solutions to help you. So be sure to explain exactly what you want out of your new system. Secondly tell us what you can afford to spend. I'm sure we can help you figure develop something like a 5 year plan to do it a little at a time.

Don't be shy and remember the search function is your friend.

Hi Barry!

Don't worry, we don't try to cure your addiction to this stuff. It's too much fun!

If you're here to learn, you're in the right spot. Which is actually in the center. I think.

There's lots of information for you here, use the search feature to dig up some old information, and be sure to ask if you can't find it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back