Introductions

hlbly1969

Hello All.

Looking forward to joining this community. I am a complete newbie when it comes to the lighting world other than what I have picked up on my own over the last year or so.

I run the light show for a small bar band.

Currently using 3 different hardware controllers to run these lights. However I am switching over to computer control.
Will be using Lightfactory software to control the lights. I want to be able to trigger the lights through Midi notes that come from the drums and Keyboard.

I would like to feed the triggers from the drums into a "brain box" but also run the midi out from the keyboard into the same box and then to the computer. From the box to the computer could either be connected via USB, network or DMX. Prefer network or USB control

I would love to keep this as simple as possible. I already pack in way more stuff than I would like to. But the band has really prospered with the light show that I do for them.

Thanks for any and all input and advice that you can provide. Looking forward to working with this community and learning.

Bill

Welcome to the Booth Bill! There are lots of people around here who can help you with your lighting system. This forum is primarily for just introducing yourself. If you have a specific question about your system post it over in the lighting forum. Depending on the time of day, you'll probably have your question answered in less than an hour.

Once you get your question answered don't go away and miss out on how much you can learn sticking around here... plus we like to have a good time too.

Don't forget to check out the search function and the CBwiki.

Whats up everyone, Im Chris. I'm a board officer for the Rialto Community Players and worked a few years in LA. GRATE SITE. Cant wait to get going

A great big WELCOME to you both. I hope you learn a lot from our site and aren't intimidated to offer your own experiences.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back