Invert Pan/Tilt

johnnynyc

There are times when I hang my moving heads from the truss and other times when I just sit them down on top with a base plate. When I sit them down do I invert the pan/tilt? Also, what other times would one invert the pan and tilt?

Tilt for overheads and units on deck pointing US/DS.

Pan for units mirroring SL / SR

Err

Anytime the default direction is not what you want. IE if you move your mouse up you want the fixture to move up. Not down

I will invert tilt when it doesn't do what I think it should do. All my shows are setup the same way so that I don't have to worry about which way things are facing. E.g. turning the tilt encoder counterclockwise tilts the unit towards me.

A recent show comes to mind where half of one kind of mover was hung with the tails US and the other half with the tails DS. This was because of a scenic element. So, half of them got tilt inverted, the other half did not.

I will invert tilt when it doesn't do what I think it should do. All my shows are setup the same way so that I don't have to worry about which way things are facing. E.g. turning the tilt encoder counterclockwise tilts the unit towards me.

A recent show comes to mind where half of one kind of mover was hung with the tails US and the other half with the tails DS. This was because of a scenic element. So, half of them got tilt inverted, the other half did not.

Can you please elaborate on tails US & tails DS.

So lets say I have 6 lights 3 on each side. If I want them to do the exact opposite I would Invert just the pan on one side and leave the tilt alone?

How would the pan/tilt invert change if the light is sitting on a truss as opposed to be hung?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back