Control/Dimming Ion ghost inputs

GoxBoxSocks

Having a weird issue with one of our Ions. It just started to randomly input values / commands and ignore others. I can see that a channel is put in the command line but then the last digit will be cleared as if someone hit backspace. Sometimes the command line is completed without hitting [enter] or any other terminating command. It's gone to blind on its own, the group key stopped responding for a while, and the [go to cue] time seems to have doubled.

This happens on the main console as well as our RVI. It was bad for awhile, then settled down, started acting up again, then no problems.

We're going to check all of our network and gateway connections and replace our RVI keyboard. We're also looking at our wireless networks in both spaces (which are in the same building) to see if there's some overlap, but that seems unlikely.

Any other thoughts on troubleshooting steps to take or anyone have a similar problem? Thanks!

A few troubleshooting steps that you may not have thought of:
  • What changed in the system around the time your problems started? Update software on any devices? Any new devices in the system?
  • Exit to the shell and run the hardware tests (Maintenance -> Peripheral Test or Classic Peripheral Test) to verify that your keypad and wheels are working correctly.
  • While you are working, keep Tab 99 (Diagnostics) open in the background. Go to the tab as soon as you notice a problem and see if it shows any "ghost" inputs. You can enable OSC command logging to wsee if there's a device sending OSC commands to the ION.
Is the ION the primary in the system? Any other network devices besides the RVI?

-Todd

Is anything sitting on the external keyboard?
Funny I just heard a story that ended with this being the problem. Long hours make for forgetting about keyboard shortcuts.

Funny I just heard a story that ended with this being the problem. Long hours make for forgetting about keyboard shortcuts.
I used to have a cat who liked sleeping on my keyboard. His writings though prolific were highly encrypted.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back