Ion question

Jon Majors

On my Ion I am using Mac Auras and my conventionals. Whenever I bring up my conventionals on a sub my Auras move back to a default position. How can I save my conventionals on a sub without affecting my LEDS?

Jon

Ohhh this is a simple on for me as had the same thing happen to me.
your Auras will be recorded in your sub.
To fix it go to blind sub sub then sub x {edit}
hen enter the channel number of the Auras say 101 thru 150 @enter. This will take all info for the Auras in the sub out.

Regards
Geoff

To avoid this in future, rather than setting up your look and then just hitting REC SUB 1, instead, do a selective record. E.g. if you have conventionals on ch 1-10 and Auras elsewhere. You want a look that has chan 1+2 on 70% and 3+4 at 30, so you'd do 1+2@7[enter]3+4@3[enter]1 thru 4 rec sub 1[enter]
This only records the channel information for 1-4 in the sub, leaving the other channels, and all the movers, out of the sub.

If you find you need to record intensities for the movers but not position, there are a number of ways. One is to set the sub as an intensity master, in which case the bump button (or moving the fader off zero) will cause the fixtures to mark. Another is to only record the intensity into the sub, so you might do 100 thru 105 {intensity} record sub 10 using the intensity tile on the CIA to only select the intensity channels of the fixtures.

Selective recording is key to so many of the EOS facilities it's a good habit to get into. Only record what you need to into a sub, preset, pallet etc. Even cues can be selectively recorded.

To fix it go to blind sub sub then sub x {edit}
You can edit a target (sub, palette, etc.) even faster:
[Blind] x [Enter]
will take you directly to the submaster and put you in edit mode, all in one command.

As Geoff mentioned, the shortcut for removing information from a target is {channel or channel parameter} @ Enter - that removes any information for that channel (or specific parameter for that channel) that is recorded in the sub, cue, palette, etc.
Example:
101 @ Enter - removes all information for channel 101
101 (Color) @ Enter - removes all color information for channel 101, any other information for the channel stays recorded
-Todd

Edit by Mod.:
Changed brackets around Color to parentheses, as forum software doesn't like brackets within quotes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Note that on some non-Eos consoles, "Selective Record" is known as "masking," Those familiar with the Expression series will recognize it as akin to the "Only" key.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back