Ion Touchscreens

Call911

Hey all. Just curious what make/model you're using for an Ion Touchscreen. I want to know what people like and what works before I buy one. I know ETC officially suggest ELO, but I wasn't impressed with the prices.

Anyone have a widescreen 20"+ that works well for them. Or a good source for the ELO that isn't $1,000? Thanks!

You're pretty much tied to the Elo as the Ion doesn't support other drivers.

I did pretty well getting one on EBay. Do pay attention to the specific model number: there are a lot of variations and the Ion is specific about what types work. They have a good writeup about it one the ETC website.

Unless ETC actually does an Ion upgrade to Windows 7...

While I don't have the model number, I think most ELO brand touch screens that are "Accu-touch" work. It's basically their marketing name for a resistive screen. I bought a 19" one on eBay for $170 ish. Works great. (Although it is VGA, not DVI, but that's okay because we have an Element)

While I don't have the model number, I think most ELO brand touch screens that are "Accu-touch" work. It's basically their marketing name for a resistive screen. I bought a 19" one on eBay for $170 ish. Works great. (Although it is VGA, not DVI, but that's okay because we have an Element)
VGA/DVI adapters are pretty cheap to pick up if you find a good deal on the display.

As far as I know, resistive screens are *not* multitouch, ever; that requires a capacitative screen.

I absolute agree, I didn't intend to say anything to the contrary. I'm really hoping Ion and Element will get the Windows 7 E upgrade so that using capacitive multitouch will be possible. But for now, single point touch > no touch.

As far as I know, resistive screens are *not* multitouch, ever; that requires a capacitative screen.

Resistive screens will register a touch if anything applies enough texture, while the capacitative screen on your phone or tablet takes something that conducts electricity, usually your finger or special styluses. Baby carrots also work surprising well on Nokia screens.

I believe he is referring to one of these carrotbaby.jpg

Hey all. Just curious what make/model you're using for an Ion Touchscreen. I want to know what people like and what works before I buy one. I know ETC officially suggest ELO, but I wasn't impressed with the prices.

Anyone have a widescreen 20"+ that works well for them. Or a good source for the ELO that isn't $1,000? Thanks!

If I could remember to look at my ELO's, I could tell you what I purchased 3-1/2 years ago.

That's not really helpful though unless you intend to purchase that exact monitor as a used model and know it's 3-1/2 years old. ELO uses the same model number year-to-yea, but changes the spec's.

Thus the only suggestion is to call ETC and get the exact requirements, with maybe a recommendation as to what they ship when they provide monitors.

I know we purchased ours thru Full Compass and they ran about $650 ea., with the prices coming down over the years I believe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back