ION windows upgrade

No, it's mostly the timing; our submission window is short and in the wrong place, and the only one left would be outside their order window. So we may need to beg them for weirdo invoicing, or something.

I've put the bug in my boss's ear.

This is particularly frustrating because they have an "only new equipment" restriction -- ostensibly so things can stay in support.

But this announcement broke too late for our order cycle, and the closure is before our next available funding window. <sigh>

But Win7 is no longer supported by Microsoft. Why go to that rather than something like Unix? Or some variety of Linux?
Win 7 Embedded still is supported by microsoft for at least another year/year and a half, if not longer.

Given that OS level software updates have never been provided by ETC, and are not terribly important for a device never connected to the internet, end of life from microsoft is kind of irrelevent until you start using hardware that is not compatible with it.

It's possible that ETC will look at a linux flavor at some point--and their underlying software framework is cross platform--but it would be such a major change from their current methods and processes I can't imagine it unless something major happened.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back