The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

Control/Dimming Ion-xe Color intensity

Discussion in 'Lighting and Electrics' started by Graham Darnell, Jan 6, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Graham Darnell

Graham Darnell Member

On my ion, the first Cue of the show is a very deep red, when I hit the cue, the intensity on the instrument starts to go up as it should but all the other colors for the instrument are at 100 and start to drop the same speed as the cue(except for red) so in the middle of the time the cue is running it is not the red I want and the colors blend. I've gone in and set a cue before to put all the colors and zero so that only red will come up when I hit the cue.

My question though is there a way to set all the colors on the instrument to zero as a default so that they don't have to fade out as something else fades in for the first cue that raises the intensity of that instrument?

Thank kinda new to the Xe still figuring things out. snip of intec.png

RonHebbard likes this.
  2. danTt

danTt Well-Known Member

Master Electrician
    You can (look up home palettes in the manual). One thing to be aware of: if all of your led color is set to 0 in a home palette, setting a fixture to fill will emit no light until you set a color

3. Crisp image

Crisp image Well-Known Member

We modify the profile in patch to make all colour at 0 by default. This saves the problem like this and when going out doing the reverse.
    Regards
    Geoff

ChrisB_SanDiego and RonHebbard like this.
  4. Derickls

Derickls Member

i would just make a 0.5 cue and set your color there so that it tracks into your cue 1.

NateTheRiddler and RonHebbard like this.
  5. RickR

RickR Well-Known Member

Consultant
    Both the Home Preset and custom Personality accomplish the same thing. I prefer the preset method because otherwise Patch, Query, on screen grouping, and By Type Palettes treat them as different products.

@Derickls your method is essentially Marking color. That is quite viable for cues but not for subs and effects. I find it to much work!

6. sk8rsdad

sk8rsdad Well-Known Member Premium Member Fight Leukemia

A color time of zero works well for any fade from black.

7. ChrisB_SanDiego

ChrisB_SanDiego Active Member

I agree with @RickR on using home presets. Updating patch takes the long way to simply updating a home preset. Plus you can simply grab every fixture with color and make the colors a zero value, than store it in a macro for future patch needs.

Simply put 1 syntax to apply it global for home preset, vs modifying a fixture type than repatching all fixtures, than having to rebuild or copy from any pallets you already spent time making... and re recording cues.

RonHebbard likes this.