Ion xe questions

I work with cues for plays and musicals but typically I busk off of submasters on our etc Element. Because we have out grown it we have purchased an ETC ion xe. Here's the first of a few reasons I'm regretting my decision. Switching between my channels and submasters was very easy and done entirely without looking on the Element. It is a simple knob. I knew without looking what channels or submasters I was in. On the Ion you have to do 2 things: hold down Fader page and then click the bottom right bump button. If you do this in a rush it doesn't always work. A nightmare for someone who may need to access a certain channel quickly. Anyone know of a solution? ETC says Macros will not work.

Yeah you gotta get a Fader wing to do what you wanna do.

Yeah you gotta get a Fader wing to do what you wanna do.

Sounds like he has the XE with the built in wing, just doesn’t like the method of swapping fader pages. I assume he has some pages set as 1:1 channel=submaster, also wants other pages to be just subs, hates the 2 button push.

Only thought I have is add’l wing-wings.

I’ve busked for 10 years on legacy Ion, sometimes use as many as 100 faders on 2-2x20 and 1-1x20 wings. I now use magic sheets on touch screens as much as possible as alternative.

Just record whatever subs as individual channels, then any other subs as sub “looks”.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back