Ioverse Vertex, Dataton Watchout, Christie Pandora's Box

Jackalope

We have been awarded a grant to replace our old Coolux system which has been good to us but now is failing too much to be counted on despite our efforts.

I like the power of the Pandora's Box system when it was Coolux, and no doubt it as improved from over a decade ago when we bought in initially. But I don't want to rule out some other players in this field and I am hoping that there are some of you who have used or dabbled in all three and could share your insights in how they are different or the same.
Here is what I liked about our old media server:
-Good mapping results
-Good timeline tools that allowed us to program and play cues for production
-Great Effects! The ability to color correct, key, crop, rotate, scale, warp, etc etc has been wonderful and I don't want to lose these features.
-Meshes for specific content

Here is what I didn't care too much for.
-having to remote into the server, close the PB, open the warper, map, save, export, then copy and paste into manager computer, then import x file into project, then place on output only to discover some camera setting distorts it or the object gets moved and the whole process starts over again...ad nauseam

Here is what I'd like to have going forward
-Great live mapping that doesn't require me to leave and remote into another machine
-The ability to map at both the content level and the output
-Full suite of effects and image manipulation tools all keyframeable
-Support for 3D mapping and 3D content
-More than 4 video layers
-Support for live inputs from camera's, other computers, etc.

Thanks in advance for anything you care to share!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back