iPod into a stage comms system

Does anyone ever use tape in's?

i do, but that's only because 3.5 to rca L R
is cheaper than 3.5 to TRS, you see when i started i bought 3 of those cables $15 a pop and they were really good and worked well the show i worked on ended and i decided i had no use for them at home so i tagged them with the schools little plastic marker and came back a week later to find them ALL gone:rolleyes:
that's the problem with junior theatre, you trust people like us to be in there always because you know that if were avoiding classes at least we will work on something or clean up the patchbay:mrgreen:

but this gives an opertunity for others to wander in and steal stuff. which is annoying because the school is now concidering making us carry key cards and that means they will know how much time i spend in there;)

...wow i think i hijacked my own topic there :)

the school is now concidering making us carry key cards and that means they will know how much time i spend in there;)
Only if you're not smart about it.
Work for an hour, open the door, scan the card and then shut the door.

yes but it was the smart thing to do, get kicked out
rather than leave by your own choice
go down in a flaming heap rather than fall out of a chair and die, live for the moment. but wear your harness while working at height and don't put cables in water

LIVE TO THE RESTRAINED EXTREME, WITH A HARNESS :)

edit. you can't hijack your own post so don't suggest i have

Our Crest V12 desk lets you do this. There's a button that patches the headphone source to comms. It also lets you mix the comms signal in with the headphone mix.

We've used this on more than one occasion to pipe the mixer's ipod into the comms system for playback through the squawk-box up at the mic dressing table while we're putting mics on people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back