iRFR using Linksys EA2500

Darren Solomon

I am trying to use a Linksys EA 2500 router to create a wireless connection using my phone as a RFU to control my ETC Element board. I understand the app. I don't understand how to use my laptop to configure the router and turn off the DHCP option. I have gone thru the Linksys web site instructions to no avail. What do I hook up where in order to set up my router? I am using this as a single console Router.

Someone here will probably know the answer but you could call ETC tech support and probably get great answers right away. If you go that route, please post if they solved it.

I am trying to use a Linksys EA 2500 router to create a wireless connection using my phone as a RFU to control my ETC Element board. I understand the app. I don't understand how to use my laptop to configure the router and turn off the DHCP option. I have gone thru the Linksys web site instructions to no avail. What do I hook up where in order to set up my router? I am using this as a single console Router.

Use an Ethernet cable to connect your laptop to one of the LAN* ports on the EA2500. Using the instructions from Linksys, connect to the EA2500 by opening a web browser (java scrip must be enabled) and typing the EA2500's network address into the brower's URL bar. Hit "enter". You should then get a "web page" that will ask for a user name and password. Linksys provides these in their instructions. In a few seconds you should get the first page (of several) that will allow you access to, and the ability to change a multitude of settings. Again, follow the provided instructions for locating the DHCP setting and toggling it off. You will need to find the "save" button and the EA2500 will reboot at some point. Note that in the future your laptop will need to have a default IP address in the same subnet as the EA2500 in order to connect to it and make changes.

* LAN port - not the yellow one! That's where you'd connect your DSL or cable modem. It cannot be used to configure the EA2500.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back