Irregular Two-fers

Does anybody know of a company that manufactures molded two-fers with legs of different length? We have a few homemade ones with 1' and 5' legs on them, and it'd be nice to get more non-sketchy ones.

Give our friends at Lex Products 1.800.643.4460 a call; I bet they can do it as a special order. OR, just buy with both 5' legs, cut 4' off one, add a pair of mating connectors, and you have your custom 2F plus a 4' cable.

But morally, unless a very custom or permanent installation, I prefer that all my two-fer s have 36" legs, and a stock of 5' cables. Never been a fan of lop-sided devices; don't want one light brighter than the other.;)

But morally, unless a very custom or permanent installation, I prefer that all my two-fer s have 36" legs, and a stock of 5' cables. Never been a fan of lop-sided devices; don't want one light brighter than the other.;)

We do a dance concert every two years that requires us to place about 20 pairs of two-fered lights that are separated by ~5', so having the tools to do it without having to run a massive pile of cable is nice. I'll just use some Light-Be-Gone on the area covered by the brighter one.

We do a dance concert every two years that requires us to place about 20 pairs of two-fered lights that are separated by ~5', so having the tools to do it without having to run a massive pile of cable is nice. I'll just use some Light-Be-Gone on the area covered by the brighter one.

2 36" tails would still be enough for a 5' separation between lights.

No offense, but if its only done once every two years, it seems like a waste of funds to have such a specialized product made. Also, regular twofers and a healthy stock of 5' cables are likely far more useful in the time between these performances. If it was a touring production or produced regularly I could understand the need.

derekleffew 36" legs on a two-fer? I hope that becomes common, as I can think of all the times I wished I had just an extra foot. Actually, that was the main reason I liked the in-line two-fers my department had. I'm sure you know the ones, where one of the females acts as the splice, instead of the male connector, so it looks like M--->F--->F instead of F<---M--->F. Those are great.

...derekleffew 36" legs on a two-fer? ...
Crap; I was afraid someone would call me on that.:( While 36" legs USED TO be standard and common, I guess today the best one can hope for is two 1/2m (19.685039") legs (if V-style):
... Therefore, it is an adapter or a twofer, so overall length of SJ cord is limited to 1m, not "each leg".

ST
I'm guessing there's no limit on any of the three "legs" of a molded Y-style using extra-hard service cord?
-----
Wow, those trixfers look neat! Why have I never come across them????
Because, for a number of reasons, many/most don't like them?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back