Is it possible to control the new Philips interact house light with our light console?

Vince

Is there a way we can control our new house light with our lighting console?
Current situation: the house lights consists of dimmable fluorescent lighting. With a key switch you can opt for operation with a standard installation dimmer or via a DMX converter, which is controlled by our Chamsys mq60.
Now the entire building is being renovated, and apparently it was decided to install the lighting with Philips Interact Pro. From my understanding this is dimmable, so that's nice. But the installer has no idea if there is a way in which the control for our auditorium could be taken over by our light console. Google and searching here in CB didn't help me, so that's why this call.

Do you have the models of which luminaires / drivers are being installed? Interact Pro is a software control & data gathering platform, rather than the fixtures themselves. What you're currently asking isn't too dissimilar to, "Can my light be controlled by DMX? It's a Chamsys MQ60".
All I know that it will be dimmable luminaries, presumably something like this panel, controlled by Interact. They will install an Interact dimmer backstage (same location as the currennt dimmer). Yesterday I've been told there will be a second Interact dimmer provided that I can place besides the console. So it will be possible to control the house lights during productions, in fact similarly to the situation some fifteen years ago. Back to the starter question, to my understanding the luminaries will no longer be physical controlled, control will go via the Interact platform. Software groups will be made, coupling groups of luminaries to dimmers and/or switches. Extra dimmers can be added for control from another location. My thought was that it should be possible to let the lighting console talk to the Interact platform. Something like DMX to Philips Hue solutions I have seen on the internet. Doe anyone know if ther is suc a solution?

All I know that it will be dimmable luminaries, presumably something like this panel, controlled by Interact. They will install an Interact dimmer backstage (same location as the currennt dimmer). Yesterday I've been told there will be a second Interact dimmer provided that I can place besides the console. So it will be possible to control the house lights during productions, in fact similarly to the situation some fifteen years ago. Back to the starter question, to my understanding the luminaries will no longer be physical controlled, control will go via the Interact platform. Software groups will be made, coupling groups of luminaries to dimmers and/or switches. Extra dimmers can be added for control from another location. My thought was that it should be possible to let the lighting console talk to the Interact platform. Something like DMX to Philips Hue solutions I have seen on the internet. Doe anyone know if ther is suc a solution?
What does Philips say? I'd not expect the installers to be forthcoming as they either don't know or are not permitted to interact with clients regarding matters of contacted performance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back