Control/Dimming Is my CEM Classic behaving normally?

WVTheatre

Hey guys,

I'm working in a TV studio with a few seperate spaces that are all controlled by their own sensor classic dimmer rack. We're not using ETCNet, and don't have any distribution between these spaces.

The problem(?) I'm seeing is that the cooling fan never shuts off after loss of control data on one of the racks. There are two D20 dimmer modules that however still see signal after the board is powered off. The other racks shutoff after the timeout period just fine.

This is our oldest rack, and is on CEM Classic version 3.0. It was indicated to me by a coworker that v3.0 possibly didn't have automatic fan shutoff.

I'm wondering if anyone else has heard of this, or if maybe these dimmers are programmed in the CEM to be always on (and I'm not sure how to disable that).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Justyn C

The problem(?) I'm seeing is that the cooling fan never shuts off after loss of control data on one of the racks. There are two D20 dimmer modules that however still see signal after the board is powered off. The other racks shutoff after the timeout period just fine.

Good Morning Justyn

All CEMs will time out after the last dimmer goes to zero. I think 15min ?
If you have 2 dimmers not going out, the fans won't time out.
Your task is to find out why these are getting signal.

Do you have a Unison system?
A feature the CEMs have is last look hold, typically 3min. to fade out all dimmers after loss of signal.

This is our oldest rack, and is on CEM Classic version 3.0. It was indicated to me by a coworker that v3.0 possibly didn't have automatic fan shutoff.

Not true, although the CEM3 does not have an air flow sensor like the classic & the + had.
They all time out. V.3 adds functions, fixes bugs & allows for the new style air flow sensor.

Hey guys,

I'm working in a TV studio with a few seperate spaces that are all controlled by their own sensor classic dimmer rack. We're not using ETCNet, and don't have any distribution between these spaces.

I'm wondering if anyone else has heard of this, or if maybe these dimmers are programmed in the CEM to be always on (and I'm not sure how to disable that).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Justyn C

The processor is telling the modules to stay on after the board is telling them to go out. This could be set levels in the CEM module, Unison, Paradigm, or anything that transmits DMX. Please give further information into what your system entails.

I would start by shutting down all the racks and powering them back on to see if that changes anything.

Not true, although the CEM3 does not have an air flow sensor like the classic & the + had.
They all time out. V.3 adds functions, fixes bugs & allows for the new style air flow sensor.

I believe he means CEM Classic version 3, not CEM3 (unless you're saying the same thing, it's all confusing). But yes, the timeout is user-definable. I believe the default is 3 minutes but in the settings that can be changed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back