Is there a bulk midi program????

Lansledo

Can anyone help me!! I started programing Top 40 midi files in the the late 80's. I have more than 2000 songs programmed. My problem started when a friend came over and started changing midi channels on my gear. He changed my drum machine mid Cannel to Ch 1. Gen Midi is set to 10. He changed channels on my keyboard also. When he left, I didn'trealized what he had done until 20 years and 2000 + songs later. MY SONGS WONT PLAY ON A GEN MIDI DEVICE NOW!!!

Is there a bulk midi program, I can use to fix this? I need to be able to change all 2000 songs on Ch 1 to Ch 10. Change all 2000 songs on Ch 13 to Ch 1 and so on??

Thanks in advance!!

Can anyone help me!! I started programing Top 40 midi files in the the late 80's. I have more than 2000 songs programmed. My problem started when a friend came over and started changing midi channels on my gear. He changed my drum machine mid Cannel to Ch 1. Gen Midi is set to 10. He changed channels on my keyboard also. When he left, I didn'trealized what he had done until 20 years and 2000 + songs later. MY SONGS WONT PLAY ON A GEN MIDI DEVICE NOW!!!

Is there a bulk midi program, I can use to fix this? I need to be able to change all 2000 songs on Ch 1 to Ch 10. Change all 2000 songs on Ch 13 to Ch 1 and so on??

Thanks in advance!!
@Lansledo Perhaps you need better / politer friends.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

You're looking for a batch MIDI file editor.

You might want to have a look at Cockos Reaper. Reaper has a scripting engine built into it called ReaScript. I have never personally used this feature of Reaper so I cannot help you beyond raising awareness to it (though I've written scripts for other applications like Sony Vegas Pro).

The scripts are authored in EEL2, Lua v5.3, or Python.

This particular script here contains some of the Reaper API function calls that would be needed to achieve what you're trying to do, except you would not be iterating through just selected tracks you are iterating through all MIDI tracks.

js_Set MIDI send channel of selected tracks to channel of existing MIDI events in track.lua

The next question is whether ReaScript could be set up to loop through a directory of MIDI files.

Last edited:
Lansledo, I messaged you. I have an old batch processing MIDI software utility for Windows I built that I might be able to adjust for your needs, if I can get an exact description of what you are trying to do.

Hey Ron, I'm just seeing some of your replays today. Don't know why I didn't see them before. Another person built the tool for me. I really appreciate your help.
Thanks. Gerald

Users who are viewing this thread

Back