Is there a market for used hampers?

I have several dozen used hampers, 16 and 20 bushel variety. They are identical to the ones listed here.

I'm wondering if there's any market for these and if so what someone might be willing to pay for one. They are in decent condition, some rust and cosmetic damage but they serve their purpose well. I am getting rid of them as we move our drop inventory to shelving rather than in the hampers.

Does anyone have any suggestions on where else I might advertise these things?

I should also mention I'm willing to ship them, but using rosebrand's shipping calculator it's close to $400 by UPS/Fedex. Local pickup/delivery is available in Brevard County, FL.

You're in Melbourne! Aren't there some NASA engineers that could repurpose those into some sort of glider? I would post those in your local craigslist as well. (I would investigate freight shipping rates rather than UPS/FEDEX, btw)

I could use a hamper or two but I'm afraid it wouldn't be worth it to ship them. I'm an hour from Rose Brand so if I bought them new I could just go pick them up. However, if you'd like to quote me a price please feel free. I'm at a commercial facility with a loading dock, so shipping shouldn't be that bad (as long as you're at a loading dock as well).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back