Is this Real?

Amiers

Renting to Corporate One Fixture at a Time.
So I was browsing FB and saw this and I was speechless. So i did some digging but I cannot find anything except this video that show that it is really real. Any body got any ideas.
This Link

This is a link to a performance that i found to give a reference. If it doesn't start 2mins in just FF to that point if you want to see the costume live.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

People love that kind of crap. Its basically a mid-day show choir show. Cheap to put together. Cheap cast. Keeps people off rides for 30 minutes. Every theme park has them.

The big question, how did they do the color changing costume?

Weird. It worked for me earlier.

One of their dresses changes color from pink to blue as she spins around in the expired link. And it looks like it's changing color, not like she's taking anything off or anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It may very well be for real, but it's also easy to photoshop. One way to do it is temperature sensitive dyes. They would have to put some sort of heating and cooling system in the dress to control the effect but there's plenty of room in the ballgown to hide tubing.

Google thermochromism and leuco dyes.

I didn't see this video but it sound like its the same as what I saw on a friends Facebook today. Consensus was that that version is just edited later to make it more magic.

lets see if this works.

I didn't see this video but it sound like its the same as what I saw on a friends Facebook today. Consensus was that that version is just edited later to make it more magic.

lets see if this works.

What part of the link is that? I tried everything for a while and just gave up and posted it to my EQ guild page to share.

I'm not sure? It's the video my friend had shared the other day and when I hit the video button on the forum it said I could embed Facebook videos and I just used the url

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I tried that it didn't like my link. So weird.

I'm waiting to hear from a friend of Aurora, but several things tell me this is 'shopped:

* There is no reaction from the crowd.
* Thermochromic fabric is not instant, it fades in and out very randomly.
* What did they film this with? The lack of HD video makes me skeptical. Easier to hide color corrections with the grainy video.
* Something about her turn seems inconsistent, like two videos were spliced.

I will gladly eat my words if I am wrong. It would be an impressive costume innovation, though.

So this popped up on Reddit and they pointed out something I missed. Prince Charming's pants also change color with her dress. They are red in the beginning of the clip and when he walks behind the blue dress, they are purple. Then red again at the end. Other than that, it's a pretty good edit.

Well I think that answered that questions.

Now if it were real how ,in theory, do you guys think something like this would happen. I haven't seen anything in the wild and if you could control the color of a dress with an actor dancing like that I think that it would definitely be a crowd pleaser and amazing at that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back