Is this Real?

If I were asked to do this I would be looking at woven fibre optic fabric and LED emitters, which wouldn't be the same thing as this appears to be.

It would be far simpler to do this by taking advantage of metamers and narrow band emitters, aka the Samoiloff effect. However, that wouldn't work under sunlight.

Probably something along the lines of this Cinderella dress transformation.

(Skip to 2:00 if you're not a fan of Rogers and Hammerstein)
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

That's cool but it's a one dress change. She's can't spin it back up, to be Cinderella. Looks like she pulled a ri

It may very well be for real, but it's also easy to photoshop. One way to do it is temperature sensitive dyes. They would have to put some sort of heating and cooling system in the dress to control the effect but there's plenty of room in the ballgown to hide tubing.

Google thermochromism and leuco dyes.
Speaking from a costuming perspective, tubing in fabric changes the entire movement of the fabric. I doubt that any costuming used by active dancers, such as the ones in both videos, would have the capability of color change like that as well as the smooth swirling effect of the dresses. The human body alone puts off the heat of a 100W bulb, approximately, which is why really small theatres desperately need air conditioning.

Well digging up old threads I see.

I had to reread everything lol.

We never did land on an answer for this one did we.

Anyone got any updates to add. 2 years is a big gap maybe the mouse gave up their secrets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back