Conventional Fixtures Is this the right bulb?

Unfortunately, there's no modern version, or even substitute, for the EVR lamp. Consider replacing the fixtures sooner rather than later.

While the EVR lamp was never widely used for stage lighting, it was also used for room lighting. I hope that means it'll be around well into the future.

I can never get these bulbs to grow. When I plant them in the ground do they go base down or base up?
@venuetech What brands and types of fertilizer are you using and did you wire them with conductors approved and rated for use below grade?
If worms are vacating your yard I'd suspect you've got insulation breakdown issues to contend with.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

Hello!

I'm putting together a list of lamps that we need to purchase for our HS Theater. For our LekoZoom 25-50deg, I would like to make sure that an EVR 120v500w bulb is right for the fixture. I want to make sure I have the right info before I pass it on.

I am also curious about something as well. When looking for the type of bulb needed for a light, should I focus on the voltage or wattage? I have info on the bulb type and wattage but not the voltage. Is it important on finding the exact voltage needed for that said fixture?

Thanks in advance!

Back to the quote. Is the EVR doing a good job for your usage? Is it limited in color temperature and our light output? If yes... continue with it. If you want or need more, that's the question of what.

Obviously a 230 Volt lamp with "amber shift" be a little dim. Voltage in dialing in output for a fixture ties mostly into lamp life. Most lamps such as the EVR above traditionally are 120v lamps. But by the time the dimmer does what it does, and circuits bleed off power what they do... often you are not seeing 120v to the fixture you are supplying. That's possibly a good thing in lasting for a lamp over 2,000 hours. And than add voltage drop, you have more lamp hours.

Satified with what you have in lighting output or want to increase this more? Need to increase this more say in some positions? At that point, you can balance lower voltage lamps such as the GLC or GLA at 115v - long life @ that voltage verses high output. HX-600 I don't advise these days. Anyway, and to point, if if you have what lighting needs you need, continue with it. Voltage of lamp is after this a better way to increase Luminous output, without increasing wattage of the lamp. You will in choosing long life verses high output give up some in lamp' shorter lamp life.

After that if not bright enough, there is going to higher wattage, but hopefully the more efficient lamps. This also note... if bright enough, and some too much powerful... perhaps a lowere wattage HX-400 115v lamp might provide the same or useful punch in not dimming as much. Just an option if dimming something a lot, a lower wattage lamp option to look at also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back