ISO Barber Chair

Elena Props

Hello! I am looking (preferably to borrow) for an antique styled barber chair for a show.
I live in Naples, FL and will gladly take any suggestions!
Thanks.

Elena, first: What's your time frame? And second, what's your budget? With these in mind, just for starters I suggest you contact the Barbers' Union in your area or in the nearest large city. Also contact the local Chamber of Commerce and get a listing of barber shops. Talk to these people and explain your need and see if anybody has what you need or know of someone who does. Check with local historical societies & museums and see if anyone has or knows of any displays you could borrow from. Here's where salesmanship comes in. Make 'em want to help out a local arts organization. Offer pickup and return and liberal program credit (and $$$ if that doesn't work.) (I'm certainly no prop person, but I've done a bit of scrounging over the years.)

Check with all of the community and college/university theatres in your area. Chances are someone has done the show before. If they don't have it in their prop storage, they will probably remember
where they got it from for their production.

Check with all of the community and college/university theatres in your area. Chances are someone has done the show before. If they don't have it in their prop storage, they will probably remember
where they got it from for their production.
Elena, sorry I failed to mention this obvious possible source. Although the "front offices" are competitors for ticket sales, us "back end" people are usually pretty good at helping out others in the biz. Many times I've borrowed--and lent--instruments, lamps, cables and G.O.K what else from/to other companies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back