ISO ETC Express console POWER CORD

ISO power cord for ETC Express console (8-pin). I wanted to pull out our ancient console and let a smaller in-need theatre group use. It should still be in good condition, but now we can't locate the old power cord. ETC sells it for $132!!! I'd love to not have to go that route.
@tdtastic Doesn't the Express power cord also include a 'line lump' power supply (Brick if you prefer) somewhere in the middle of the cord? At $132.00 you're paying for the multi-voltage power supply in addition to the 3 conductor cable and plug feeding the 'line lump' and the multi-conductor cable and plug connecting it to the console. From memory, the 'line lump' output at least 3 regulated voltages.
Oh silly you for misplacing the entire power supply. I'm also recalling a few 'line lumps' died prematurely of SID (Sudden Instant Death) syndrome; possibly yours failed and you tossed it when you upgraded your console.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

Last edited:
These guys have some dual 12/5 volt supplies.. I could only find 5 pin.. but with the pinout diagram you could certainly get
an 8 pin mini DIN male and solder up your own. As my sisters say... "Natural Beauty takes time and money"

@jtweigandt, I will take your Meanwell power supply and raise you an ETA-USA power supply!
See below the label from the genuine ETC supply and an eBay ad for an ETA-USA power supply with VERY similar specs and is even terminated in the 8-pin Mini DIN plug (eBay item number: 114207736171). The only catch is that the eBay PS has an additional -12vdc output and since my previous post showing the ETC PS pinout does not account for this, a little bit of probing with a multimeter is in order. Possibly could just cut off the offending pin if all the others are correct.
EDIT: I just ordered the one on eBay to play around with. Will report back when I receive it.

ETC part.pngeBay part.pngeBay part label.png

Last edited:
OK, I received the ETA-USA power supply off eBay that I referenced earlier. Looks like a winner but you MUST remove
(break off) PIN 5 on the mini DIN8 because it is a -12v supply. Everything else matches up.
NOTE: I have not tested this with an Express console because I don't have one. Use this information at your own risk.

REPLACEMENT Express PS.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back