ISO Greased Lightning Stage Car in S Florida

Elena Props

Hello! Any leads to help me find/rent/borrow a Greased Lightning car in south Florida?
All help is appreciated! Thank you!

Reactions: Van
Here's the version I put together with a week's notice when plan A fell through at the high school. Body kit for a golf cart based on the kid's meal a a local restaraunt (Maid Rite) Laun will take the hood bend., poster board for the top arches a wee bit of fiberglass and bondo. 3 pieces.. front clip and 2 rear fender clips.
lightningfront.jpg
lightning.jpg

Hey! That's incredible! And in a week!? You give me hope that I can pull this off. I am deciding to just go with the build. But, thank you for sharing. This is inspiring!

The tombstones for the arches are probably defined by the diameter of a paint can. Local surplus store saw what I was shopping for in trim, chrome and lights, and donated a bunch of it when they heard what it was for. Student artist pictured there did the paint job. Basic frame to hold the panels was 2x2 members made to fit the cart first.. Curve of the hood defined by what bend I could coax out of the lauan. I put a slight bow out on the rear panels to give some dimension .. bow defined by band sawing the front and rear 2x2 frame members. You can't create compound curves in ply, but you can make it visually interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back